Type of volunteer work preferred
Special program or group you are representing or serving
Under 21 21 to 61 61+
Home Phone (with area code)
Work Phone (with area code)
Cell Phone(with area code)
Emergency Contact Information
Phone (with area code)
Affiliations & Other Information
Are you a parent/guardian/family member of (a) student(s) at TSMS?
If so, student name(s) and teacher(s)/grade(s)
Languages spoken other than English?
American Sign Language Arabic Chinese French German Hebrew Hindi Italian Greek Japanese Korean Portuguese Russian Spanish Turkish Vietnamese Other
Would you like to serve as a weekly mentor?
Are you a returning mentor?
I am affiliated with a business, agency or organization that would like to assist this school by joining their Partners for Excellence Program
Security / Background
Have you ever been convicted of a felony related to violence?
Have you ever been convicted of a felony related to weapons charges?
Have you ever been convicted of a felony related to crimes against/involving children?
If you selected 'YES' to any of the above questions, please provide an explanation of the charges below, including disposition. In addition, this volunteer application will need to be reviewed and approved by Leon County School District Office before volunteer service can begin.
IMPORTANT VOLUNTEER POLICIES AND GUIDELINES
1. All volunteers must sign in at the school office before proceeding to their volunteer assignment.
2. Volunteers may not dispense any medications (prescription or over-the-counter) to students.
3. Volunteers may not administer any form of corporal (physical) punishment to students.
4. Volunteers must respect a student’s right to confidentiality (Florida Statute 1002.22) including the following areas: standardized test scores, grades, attendance records, health information, academic work completed, family background information, reports of serious behavior patterns and written teacher observations.
5. School Board Policy 2430.01 - Volunteer Program, requires that a National Sexual Offender/Predator Check be processed on all school volunteers.
Signature / Attestation
By submitting this application, I agree to abide by the policies and/or procedures of the School Board of Leon County, Florida, of the Leon School Volunteer Program and of the individual school in which I serve. I understand that Leon County Schools reserves the right to accept, decline or discontinue the services of any volunteer.
Volunteer Applicant Signature (Type your full name here.)
Hit Submit, if "Thank You" message does NOT appear, go back to top and complete fields that are shown in RED.
Submit Volunteer Form